No it’s not just a catchy title; I mean it. I WILL code for FREE. I am broadly available and would like to volunteer for software projects that will utilize my education/skills/experience or enable me to learn new technologies.
Why do I want to do this?
- I have a professional degree and want to put it to good use. Under normal circumstances I would have resorted to seeking employment. Unfortunately, my VISA status does not allow me to work and hence the altruistic tone.
- I fear I will get rusty by the time I am legally allowed to seek employment. I believe that can be avoided by contributing my skills towards some real world projects.
Why should you consider me?
- I will cost you nothing, since you don’t have to pay me.
- I have a Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering and a Masters degree in Computer Engineering from a
- I have experience (4 years) developing software for diverse domains such as Automotive, Industrial Automation, and Finance.
- I’ve had the privilege of dabbling with various software tools and technologies. I am good with VB.NET, Perl, InstallShield, and different Rational Tools.
- I enjoy learning and have a short learning curve for new technologies and industry domains. I am open to re-tooling myself.
- I like interacting with people. I am considered to be a good team player but I also work well independently with minimum supervision.
- I am perseverant and take my work seriously. I possess good communication skills.
- I have exposure to working in multi-cultural work environments and experience with global engineering.
- I am well versed with SDLC processes, standards and tools.
That's it for here. If I seem like a person that you could use or need more information, please email me . I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for your time and consideration.